Seeking an experienced technical writer to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on a variety of proposal-related documents to prepare materials in a manner that improves overall proposal quality and ensures they meet RFP requirements and translates Noblis’ technical capabilities in a winning fashion. Will interview technical personnel, write and prepare outlines and RFI response and proposals drafts, and craft technical and nontechnical texts as necessary to prepare compelling proposals. Will also help guide strategies for proposal writing and marketing communications across a variety of channels, with a strong focus on federal proposal submissions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Serve as writer and curator for proposal sections, white papers, and other content to support proposal efforts.
- Review solicitations for technical requirements and ensure that those requirements are met.
- Also act as editor for proposal team for style, grammar, punctuation, content, spelling, readability, and clarity.
- Mentor personnel on effective proposal writing strategies; maintain written documentation on proposal writing procedures; communicate these procedures to stakeholders; discuss and explain reasons for edits to technical writers.
- Work with proposal managers to develop proposal outlines and templates and to write proposal sections (such as past performance and resumes) when needed.
- Compose and maintain supporting information, such as biographical sketches, current and pending support, company history, and facilities descriptions that need to be customized for each submission.
- Serve as proposal coordinator on smaller opportunities when needed.
- Participate in final production process, including desktop publishing, quality control, and white glove, and also ensure that all production/format specifications are followed.
- Help maintain repository of frequently used proposal information.
- Perform additional internal and external communication tasks related to business development team efforts, to include drafting documentation for marketing efforts.